Copyright License Agreement
The Tocker Foundation, a Texas non-profit company (“Tocker”), owns all rights, including but not limited to the copyrights, in the following images (the “Infographics”):
1. Limited License. Tocker hereby grants Austin Public Library (“Library”) a non-exclusive, non-assignable, perpetual right to reproduce, distribute copies to the public, and publicly display the Infographics, in any format or medium, for the purpose of non-commercial promotion of Library, its services, or libraries generally (“Licensed Uses”), at no cost to Library, subject to the terms of this license agreement. This license includes a limited right for Library to sublicense use of the Infographics only to the extent necessary to allow Library to engage in Licensed Uses (such as to Library’s website host or a printing service).
2. Non-commercial uses only. Library may not use the Infographics for any commercial purpose, including but not limited to fund-raising purposes, without the prior written permission of Tocker.
3. No third-party uses. This license extends only to Library and those assisting Library in engaging in the Licensed Uses (such as Library’s website host or printing service).
4. Permission to engage in unlicensed uses. Library should contact Tocker representative Karin Gerstenhaber at 512-452-1044 or [email protected] for permission to engage in any uses not allowed under this license agreement.
5. Files. To ensure integrity of representations of the Infographics, Library must use the files downloaded from the Tocker website during the licensing process. If these files become damaged or lost, Library may obtain replacement copies by contacting Karin Gerstenhaber at 512-452-1044 or [email protected]
6. Modifications to the Infographics. Library may modify the Infographics to create black-and-white versions but may not otherwise alter or modify the Infographics in any way, including but not limited to removing the copyright notices.
7. No endorsement. Library may not use the Infographics in any way that implies or suggests an association with, or endorsement by, Tocker.
8. Legalese miscellanea.
8.1. This license constitutes the complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
8.2. This license may not be assigned.
8.3. Any provision of this license that may be deemed invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction shall in no way invalidate or render unenforceable the remainder of this license, which shall remain in full force and effect.
8.4. This license shall be construed and governed by, and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the United States and of the State of Texas.
8.5. Exclusive venue and jurisdiction for any disagreement arising out of or related to the terms of this license shall be the state and federal courts located in Travis County, Texas.